Valerie
Valerie asked:

Did anyone else know where the title came from, before it was discussed in the story? That made a big impression on me.

To answer questions about Close Your Eyes, Hold Hands, please sign up.
Jenny I did not, but that was one of the most powerful moments of the book for me: when that is revealed.
Mindy Ehrlich I also didn't know where it came from and was affected by this as well. I also enjoyed at the end of my audiobook the short interview of Chris and his daughter who narrated the audiobook.
Barth Siemens I felt like a bomb went off in my head at that point in the story.
Kimberly Yes, I do. I heard the author speak at my local library in CT. Bohjalian told us before the book's release that the his title is what the police instructed teachers to have the school children do as they were being escorted from the school after the Newtown, CT elementary school shooting. This horrific tragedy happened in December 2012.
Kristen No, didn't make the connection at all. Very powerful.
Bec yes, it said in the book that's what they instruct kids to do during disasters as they walk out of the school. I can't remember where exactly as I read it a while back but I remember it as I was looking out for it.
Marion I did see Chris B. at a library conference with a room full of Connecticut librarians and he did explain why he chose the title. It instantly made me cry.
Kathy I did not know either. And, as I said in my review, I thought it was a gratuitous use of the Newtown tragedy.
Lisa Zink
Linda Yes, I remembered this. That's why I picked up the book. I've read a number of his books. Some I loved, some--not so much. But that title grabbed me right away.
The Librarian I did not, but it made an impression on me as well.
Image for Close Your Eyes, Hold Hands
by Chris Bohjalian (Goodreads Author)