Trish
Trish asked:

Who edited this book? There are numerous grammatical and spelling errors. This is surprising, coming from a major publisher. Other than that, it is an enjoyable read.

Graham Powell I noticed this as well, in particular a "grizzly" (grisly) crime scene and "heroine-chic" fashion (heroin-chic), and those are just the two I remember.

And yes, other than that it was a really well-done book.
Orinoco Womble (tidy bag and all) I've noticed this as a growing trend, particularly in the detective fiction market, and more particularly in "cosy" detective fiction. It seems to be more prevalent in the detective series novels, making me think that they are rushed to press with minimal proofing, if any. I know from experience that many proofreaders of this sort of thing are university students making a little extra money, which may explain the decline in quality, given the decline in emphasis on mechanics and grammar, let alone spelling, in the education system.
Image for The Good Thief's Guide to Amsterdam
by Chris Ewan (Goodreads Author)