Ami
Ami asked:

I know that the character of Hazel is based on someone real--but how did John Green come to meet her? Was she already a fan of his books?

To answer questions about The Fault in Our Stars, please sign up.
Jade They met at a Harry Potter conference! John was there with his brother, Hank, who sings songs about the boy wizard. (And probably about He Who Shall Not Be Named, too!) The conference was hosting a dance, and John Green was hanging out in the back of the room, because he doesn't dance. He started chatting with Esther Earl, who inspired the character of Hazel.

There's a book about her:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

And I did an interview with John Green for Goodreads, where he tells this story:
https://www.goodreads.com/interviews/...
Jenna She was a nerdfighter named Esther Earl, who suffered the same type of cancer, but John said the book was not based on her. However, it was inspired by her.
Alanna R. Wow, there are a lot of wrong answers here... but yes, there was a 16-year-old girl named Esther Earl, without whom TFiOS would not have been possible. They met at a Harry Potter convention, she was a fan of his videos.

Hazel was NOT based on her, though. The only similarity is that they both had the same kind of cancer, thyroid cancer.

TFiOS was equally inspired by the kids John knew when he worked as a chaplain at a children's hospital. It was during this time, and when he knew Esther, that he was really thinking about the stuff that he decided to put on paper in TFiOS.
Georgia Crisp He has said a few times that Hazel was not based on Esther, he started writing TFIOS before Esther's passing. It's true they were friends but he did not base the book on her, it was just a coincidence.
Chloé yes she was a fan of this book which is why she auditiond to play the role of Hazel Grace! Hope that answers your question ;)
Jasa Backlink PBN Berkualitas (DA PA 60+) Bergaransi Drakorindo - Situs download drama korea terbaru 100% Legal dan tanpa iklan. Temukan berbagai macam film drakor / drama china / drama thailand dan juga ost drama korea di drakorindo.

Situs web drakorindo merupakan satu-satunya web untuk nonton drama korea / download film drakor terbaik yang memberikan kemudahan dalam mengunduh semua jenis film. Yuk guys, langsung saja kunjungi situs web drakorindo
Kyle The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Stephen Chbosky
http://bookreview.mobi/perks
Ereana Yes they both said they met in high school they also saw the movie first and desided th do a book
Jordan Ransom i could be wrong but in several things i have seen, Green states that a good friend of his had a daughter with that kind of cancer and she inspired the book
Jessie Smithee This book wasn't based on anyone. Hazel is her own person. John said this is not about Esther because Esther was Esther not Hazel. The disease is similar but that does not mean Hazel's story is Esther's and Esther's is Hazel's.
Ririn Alistya Me to, I know that the character of Anna is based on someone real--but how did Peter Van Houten come to meet her? Was she already a fan of his books?
Harini Parthiban Her name is Earl. She is John's college mate.
Emma Eden I really Love That Book Deary But I Never Have The Brave To Read The Rest Of It, I Knew That Gus Going To Die I Already Know But I Don't Wanna Read This In John Green's Words.
Dua same question from my sight ....
Image for The Fault in Our Stars
by John Green (Goodreads Author)