Goodreads asked Elle Bennett:

Elle Bennett Not very well, ha ha! I have serious writer's block. Months...years, even. Then, it suddenly goes away and the words pour out of me. I've discovered that I just have to wait until it passes.

I'm a little stuck at the moment on a book I've been working on. I think the writer's block is mostly coming from the fact that I'm not sure of the direction the story is going. I know that once I figure that out, the writer's block will unblock and I'll run with it.

I tend also to get a little distracted, so while I'm waiting for the writer's block with the above story to work itself out, I'm playing around with some short writing exercises...just to stay warmed up.

I don't believe in forcing my writing. It's never good when I do. I don't ever want it to feel like writing a book is work. I want it to be fun. And I want to give my very best. So, I just let the writer's blocks come as they may, stay as long as they need to, and then press on when they leave and the coast is free and clear.