Lesley Diehl
Lesley Diehl asked:

Are some of the incidents in the book taken from real life and transformed for the story or is this all the creation of the writer?

To answer questions about Rope & Bone: A Novel in Stories, please sign up.
Ginnah Howard Some of the incidents in the book are taken from real life--often in a one true fact way. I never would have written "Dogs" if I hadn't overheard someone saying that the woman who inspired the character of Carla Morletti was having to go feed her boyfriend's dogs while he was in jail, BUT the rest of the story is totally made up. Though it's true I was making the story up out of a world I knew deeply because I'd already written so many stories that take place in the Morletti world. Since, Lesley, you're a fiction-writer yourself, you know it all just becomes "material." Later it's sometimes hard to remember what I imagined and what "really" happened.
Image for Rope & Bone
by Ginnah Howard (Goodreads Author)