Tony Romine
Tony Romine asked:

To answer questions about The Black Echo, please sign up.
Paulami I thought about it as well but I must confess that it did not spoil my experience. I think that might also be because of my cynical view of bureaucracy.
David Gillison In 2021 the answer is the FBI is not above anything crooked. Just my 2 cents but it appears obvious now and J. Edgar was no prize either.
Mary Boughton I assumed that the instant visas the crime bosses obtained during the fall of Saigon were through our government. It was implied that there were a lot of shady things going on during that war which were not looked at too closely.
P.R. It's a good question... maybe it serves to highlight the author's cynical view of government departments. I have to say it's not something which spoilt the story for me.
Image for The Black Echo
by Michael Connelly (Goodreads Author)