Vanessa
Vanessa asked:

It takes me a long time to read long books, and I want to invest in it only if it is REALLY worth it. Is it?

To answer questions about Daughter of the Forest, please sign up.
Kevin Bourrillion I will say that it's a slow starter. There's a point where the story really kicks into high gear but I think it's past the 1/4-way point. As everyone else is saying, it's so very worth it.
Joyce Yes, yes, yes! Your eyes will be flying over the text. Don't worry about how long it takes. Enjoy the experience!
Jerrika Moralez-tijerina I hate fantasy and scifi books but this book is amazing a page turner. I read all of the Sevenwaters trilogy and I would recommend all of them to you.
Sheila Dilley All I can say is that I've never been a huge fantasy book lover until this. It was given to me from a boss and I read the whole thing in a week or so. to be honest, its a little slow to get started and get emotionally invested into the characters. The book is amazing and I promise you it is worth the read. The 3 book series is awesome as a whole, I would recommend it to anyone!
Suzee Gibson This book is so incredibly worth it! It's a story wrapped up in an old folk tale and is very seldom slow or unexciting. It is a long book but there is a lot that goes on and the pace is very good. Unlike some other long books that tend to pad out their pages with overly descriptive prose and focus on the minute details of the back of a leaf etc. every word in this book is important to the story that unfolds. Read this book and then, if you disagree or feel it was a waste of time, come back and tell me I was wrong. I promise you though, you won't regret it!
Image for Daughter of the Forest
by Juliet Marillier (Goodreads Author)