Maria Damas
Maria Damas asked:

Did you enjoy this story?

To answer questions about The Lovely Bones, please sign up.
Vanessa Devries
Larry Marshall It was ok, not really a page turner. I liked the story but it was a bit slow, and all over the place.
Gizella Tóth
Seth Doughty I know I'm late to the party here, but I have to justify the hate this book is getting. Sebold was doing an ambitious thing; she was juggling the stories of all five remaining members of the Salmon family, plus Susie's, plus Ray, Ruth, and Mr. Harvey. I can see how people would think this book moves slowly, but that's exactly what it's about: the slow recovery of a family after a traumatic disappearance. Look at the forest, not the trees.
Serra Nope. It seemed to have been written to be a story of agony and hopelessness. As such, it wins, it also is not my kind of story. I had to read it when I was working at the bookstore, but beyond that, I had no interest in it.
Annie Hill
Meenakshi was okay. the concept was good but there was no sense of closure. infact the ending chapters were the worst.
Shelby I feel like the author rushed this book so no. Sorry.
Racheal Milich I enjoyed it. It was daunting at times but I think it offers a unique viewpoint. I haven't read it more than once, but I'd say it is worth a read.
Ronald Bedry Having read all too many news stories about young girls raped and murdered by fiendish predators, I found the novel's approach hopeful. It brought to mind the play "Our Town", which also invites the reader (or attendee) to share in the poignant emotions of everyday people facing death and longing for those loved ones whose lives were cut short. Perhaps, like Susie Salmon, these unfortunate girls maintain contact with the living, even participating in our affairs. Perhaps our empathy for the victims is felt by them in some way. Perhaps our deepest wishes are actually realized in ways that transcend the materialist paradigm in which we live. Who can say with certainty?
Sparkle Frederick
Anna McIllece Yes, and I don't think it was meant to be a comfortable and cohesive read. I think this novel is a scope into a grief, family and acceptance- it's not a perfect book by any means, but it does what's its supposed to and I admire it for that.
Sadionna F yes, even though it was emotional and sad. The story didn't have much hope, but the notion and the direction of the story was good.
Lisa yes loved it, couldn't put it down
Bakhtawar it was a sad book but still i liked it yea i enjoyed the book.
Soumyaditya I didn't enjoy it to be honest.
Here's my review if you're interested- https://rondg95.wordpress.com/2016/04...
bryar I loved the book. Its really interesting and full of surprises.
Jo Overall yes, although it didn't quite flow for me.
Image for The Lovely Bones