Maria Damas
Maria Damas asked:

Did you enjoy this story?

To answer questions about The Lovely Bones, please sign up.
Serra Nope. It seemed to have been written to be a story of agony and hopelessness. As such, it wins, it also is not my kind of story. I had to read it when I was working at the bookstore, but beyond that, I had no interest in it.
Meenakshi was okay. the concept was good but there was no sense of closure. infact the ending chapters were the worst.
Larry Marshall It was ok, not really a page turner. I liked the story but it was a bit slow, and all over the place.
Gizella Tóth Yes, mostly. I enjoyed the story, I am interested in such things (though I found heaven quite boring:)) but I was deeply disappointed when it turned to be sex in the 22nd chapter. I do not know what I was waiting for but not this. It didn't fit into the storyline, it was disillusioning and spoiled the whole thing.
Ronald Bedry Having read all too many news stories about young girls raped and murdered by fiendish predators, I found the novel's approach hopeful. It brought to mind the play "Our Town", which also invites the reader (or attendee) to share in the poignant emotions of everyday people facing death and longing for those loved ones whose lives were cut short. Perhaps, like Susie Salmon, these unfortunate girls maintain contact with the living, even participating in our affairs. Perhaps our empathy for the victims is felt by them in some way. Perhaps our deepest wishes are actually realized in ways that transcend the materialist paradigm in which we live. Who can say with certainty?
Shelby I feel like the author rushed this book so no. Sorry.
Sparkle Frederick
Vanessa Devries
Sadionna F yes, even though it was emotional and sad. The story didn't have much hope, but the notion and the direction of the story was good.
Racheal Milich I enjoyed it. It was daunting at times but I think it offers a unique viewpoint. I haven't read it more than once, but I'd say it is worth a read.
Lisa yes loved it, couldn't put it down
Bakhtawar it was a sad book but still i liked it yea i enjoyed the book.
Soumyaditya I didn't enjoy it to be honest.
Here's my review if you're interested- https://rondg95.wordpress.com/2016/04...
bryar I loved the book. Its really interesting and full of surprises.
Jo Overall yes, although it didn't quite flow for me.
Image for The Lovely Bones