Elisabeth
Elisabeth asked:

I read a lot of Young Adult books, would this be a good read for me?

To answer questions about A Discovery of Witches, please sign up.
Karen I only read before going to sleep...the first few chapters were a little slow...but finally got to the 5th chapter and now I wish I had more hours at night to read...to answer your question, it's not a YA...but it's not disappointing either.
Lynn This is so much better than any YA you will read. Be prepared though, after this book, YA will seem to lack depth and character development (I only figured this out because I had to read a YA book after this and was severely disappointed).
Katie It reads a lot like an adult version of Twilight, actually.
Petra Miocic Most definitely as the story is close to YA themes but with all the joys adulthood brings. Take your time, relax and enjoy :)
Petra It depends entirely on what kind of YA you like. If you like "Twilight" and wished it would go on endlessly (especially the unhealthy romance), yes - absolutely, get this book!
If you like a well-written adventure with an enticing, captivating plot and maybe some romance on the side, do absolutely **not** get this book!
Lastly, YA novels - with some exceptions - have a limited number of words that they are not supposed to exceed, which makes them somewhat fast-paces and concise. If that is something that you find appealling then this book is also not for you.
Beth Sponzilli Yes! You will love it.
Patricia It is quite long & takes quite a while to read- & I'm a fast reader! If you want to invest the time, it's an intriguing plot & there are two more titles in the series!
Sheryl YES I could not put it down at times I listened to the audio version but it swept away
C Definitely! If you like YA you're probably going to enjoy this grown-up version.
Nee I haven’t read the book yet but season 1 is out on amc premiere and it’s really good! You should check it out. 😊
Image for A Discovery of Witches
by Deborah Harkness (Goodreads Author)