Gill Caney
Gill Caney asked:

Is this book fact or fiction?

To answer questions about The Children Act, please sign up.
Jonathan My wife is a family law barrister and says it is pretty accurate - fiction, but based on detailed research and pretty similar to the kind of things she regularly deals with.
Laura As a novel, it is obviously fiction, but Ian McEwan recently (Sept. 5, 2014) wrote a very thoughtful article in the Guardian discussing several real cases that inspired his novel.
Kath There are reports in the press about how it was inspired by real life events ... and some of the 'juicier' news reports feature his ex-wife and her comments about court proceedings, injunctions, gag orders, etc. I read the book first then found out about all the other things later so my enjoyment of the book was not influenced by any news coverage.
MSB The story is not absolutely real it is a bit fiction, but according to the writer's preface, he examined more court decision and he got inspired some real cases.
Image for The Children Act