Goodreads asked Amanda Brooke:

Amanda Brooke Where I Found You was published in June 2014 but I came up with the idea back in 2012 while I was out jogging one morning (which makes me sound far more healthier than I am…) I noticed a park bench tucked away next to a duck pond and it made me think of the time I had sat on a similar bench, heavily pregnant with my first child and wondering how my life was about to change and how I would cope. As I continued on my run, I could imagine a ghostly impression of myself still sitting there all those years ago…

When I arrived back home huffing and puffing, I was still thinking about that bench only now I was imagining what would happen if two strangers sat down and began talking, what if they shared the same kind of problems and sparked up a friendship. That simple premise was the catalyst for a whole host of other 'what ifs' and that's when I knew I had a story I had to write.