Janet
Janet asked:

Has anyone else had a difficult time with this read? I cannot get into it and I love Karen's books - all of them. I am not liking the subjects or the bounce back and forth and while I understand many stories are being written that way lately, it is not a smooth story.

To answer questions about A Long Time Gone, please sign up.
Robin Keep reading.....it took me a while...but well worth it! A great book! I found once I got into it- I couldn't put it down!
Cindy Brunson I am the same way --I really want to keep reading but it is hard to follow with the back and forth --I do want to finish it but it is taking a lot longer than most of her books
Brenda Wharton this one was a hard one! I like her books, but this one seemed to have a lot of generations of women to keep straight and then lots of little side characters also. She does wrap it up nicely in the end, but was one of harder books of hers that I have read.
Laura I thought this was Ms. White's best book yet! I just loved it and could hardly put it down!
Kevin Tucker I could not put this book down......at first I had a little trouble figuring out the generations, but it came together quickly and I loved everything about this book.
Sarai Really liked the characters and plot of this book. Unfortunately, the way it was written did not flow as well as her other books. Many times the plot would be clear, only to abruptly change without enough clarity to know which time period or character was speaking.
This book is well worth reading even with the confusion.
Linda Kirk It was a good book but it was a little confusing the way she kept skipping back and forth to characters.
Renee I agree it is hard to stay with this book, but is so worth it. I have never read one of Karen White's books but fully intend to read others.
Jessica This ended up being one of my favorites by Karen White. It is a little difficult in the beginning trying to figure out how the women all tie together but well worth the read!
Saundra Roger I am struggling with the same thing. I just think it is going to pick up again and I am about ready to abandon it but that goes against me to not complete it. :(
Lynn Keep at it. All the characters "click" at a certain point and then you can't put it down!
Patti Hallowell It is hard to keep up with all the bouncing back and forth from generation to generation, but I am enjoying the book otherwise. I'm about halfway finished.
Jeanette Yes, oh yes, I do not want to put my precious time into this one. It goes on the abandoned shelf. I've read 3 other books in a whirl and devoured them in between struggling with this wordy whine. Too slow and holds no connection for me, I actually dislike Vivien and am quitting it just at about 1/3rd point. I understand the generations, it's too empty and redundant at the same time.
Shirley Yes, I had a terrible time sticking with this book. I've read other books of hers and liked them, especially "On Folly Beach". This one just seemed to sit in one place for the longest time. For me it finally became interesting about 50 pages from the end.
Image for A Long Time Gone
by Karen White (Goodreads Author)