Ketzia Flowers

does this have any type of association with romance?

To answer questions about Gone with the Wind, please sign up.
Jennifer There's a lot of romance in it, and I suppose it qualifies as a romance novel, but not in the traditional, happy-ending way. I've always thought of the movie (I'm not finished with the book yet) as watching Scarlett in a constant cycle of trying to get what she wants while simultaneously ruining some other part of her life. So far the book is following the same pattern, although in a much more drawn-out way.
Madeline It is not a book based on romance in the usual sense. It is about history during Civil War times, and how one woman's love of the land that she inherited and would not let go of, drove her actions all through her life.
Men loved her and she could have her pick, but hardship, toughness and a will to survive and keep her land is really what drove Scarlett, not romance. The story is a real page turner and quite exciting and you can't get Scarlett out of your mind. It is a very long book, but not long enough for me!.
Molshri It is romantic.
Image for Gone with the Wind