Cyndi
Cyndi asked Melissa Marr:

Where does the inspiration come from to create such amazing characters from your books, such as WL series, are they each somewhat based on yourself or people that you know?

Melissa Marr Definitely not based on specific people I know or on me. There are experiences I have that influence my interest (being stalked influence the writing of MADE FOR YOU), but the characters are fictional creations. The character who is stalked in MADE FOR YOU, for ex, is an old-money, influential family, does what she's expected to do, granddaughter of a minister. My family was poor and Catholic (i.e. no ministers anywhere), and I've rarely done anything I was supposed to do.

Overall, my friends in high school were the kids you should steer clear of--leather jacket wearing, juvenile record having, cigarette smoking, suspension earning trouble-makers. We hung out at parties, pool halls, parks, cemeteries, etc. I suspect some of these sorts show up in my books too, but no character (other than Grams in Wicked Lovely) was ever intentionally based on people I know. That wold be NON-fiction, and I write fiction :)