Pamela Becker
Pamela Becker asked:

is this book appropriate for a 13 year old girl?

To answer questions about Good in Bed, please sign up.
Veronica I feel as if this is a book I would have snuck into my moms room and read at 13, but wouldn't have been able to understand the context of it. It is certainly a book written for adults, but there are themes present in the book that should definitely be discussed with a 13 year old. Such as healthy relationships, how to feel comfortable within your body, and how to handle not knowing how you fit into this world.
Vani NO! Please do not let any thirteen year old read this book! I am only on page 115, but so far there is nothing PG/PG-13 about this book. More like rated R.
Jennifer Towler No, not just because of the details of the character's sex life, but because it deals with complex issues of adult relationships that wouldn't be appropriate or applicable for a teen.
Brandi In my opinion, absolutely not! I loved the book though, just woudn't let my kid read it.
zaiba official LOL It's a No for me as well. Not very appropriate for them.
Deena Ryan I would say no.
Ana Nicola It's ok. You can read it. It has some parts that are not very appropriate, but all in all it's fine. Good luck!
Hillary Oh please. Wouldn't let your kid read it? That sounds like a recipe for flashlight under the covers. When I was 13 I was reading the juicy parts of the Godfather. Absolutely, no harm here. I would read at the same time so we could talk about it.

Dana Obviously this has been 2 years ago but I'd try Eleanor and Park. Rainbow Rowell's books are pretty body positive and teenager appropriate. The main character in this book is a bit too cynical and bitter for my taste at 32. I can't imagine reading this at 13 or 14.
Image for Good in Bed
by Jennifer Weiner (Goodreads Author)