Barbara Rhine
Barbara Rhine asked:

Did you find it interesting to pile through all the legal documents that comprise such a large part of this book?

To answer questions about The Divorce Papers, please sign up.
Michele I liked how the legal documents presented a more complete picture of what divorce entails (granted, on a very light-hearted, quasi-chick lit level). I didn't read the legal documents word-for-word in most cases, but the laws were always helpfully highlighted so I only read the relevant passages. I felt the legal documents set an effective tone and gave the novel some atmosphere, but the real substance of the story was in the personal correspondence, the memos and emails.
Sue Amell No...a certain amount of legal documents would have been fine but this was overkill-- pages and pages. I ended up skipping over a lot of them, which is something I normally NEVER do. This would have been more enjoyable if only half the amount of docs were included. And some reviewer described this book as hilarious. Certainly not!
Susan Burry I loved reading the legal documents as well as the other correspondence. This is the most engaging novel I've read in years - hope the author is working on another.
Image for The Divorce Papers
by Susan Rieger (Goodreads Author)