Eva
Eva asked:

Has anyone who has read the original version is reading/read it?

Santino Hassell Yes! Several people who read the original have read Volume 1 of the Director's Cut so far. There are more significant changes in Volume 2 that may warrant a reread. Especially the Monterrey arc.
J. Johanis I started the original and switch to the director's cut prior to Boyd meeting with Sin. In that short span, I noticed considerable improvements. Just a note though... I started with the original book since it was voted highly in several Goodread lists. I wish the link to the original book was never there. I liked it and would have kept reading, but it would have been better if the link on the original Evenfall book was connected to the Director's Cut. I didn't know what the Director's cut was at that time and I would have avoided reading it twice.
Image for Evenfall
by Ais (Goodreads Author)