L. Fabry
L. Fabry asked Lucy V. Hay:

If I've never read a Hay book before, which do you recommend I start with?

Lucy V. Hay Hi L. Fabry - Depends on your interests, since I read both fiction and non fiction. If you're interested in screenwriting (or perhaps representation of marginalised characters, or storytelling in movies), then I'd recommend reading my next screenwriting book first, WRITING AND SELLING DRAMA SCREENPLAYS. It's takes in a bunch of case studies of movies, both famous and lesser known; big budget and low budget; British and American. It's not a "how to" book, but rather one on how great drama is about great stories and great characters and how we must look deep within ourselves and take risks to to get to the good stuff.

If fiction is your bag, I'd recommend my latest YA novel, THE DECISION: JASMINE'S STORY. It's very different to my previous one, LIZZIE'S STORY (which was about teenage pregnancy). Instead, the decision in Jasmine's tale is about best friends and betrayal, something probably every one of us can relate to: we've all let our friends down and had to live with the results. Jasmine's consequences might be bigger than most of our own, but it serves as a reminder that loyalty is a key component of friendship.

Thanks for asking me!