Corynn Gammon
Corynn Gammon asked:

Can anybody let me know ifyou believe this book appropriate for Grade 5 and 6? I read it and loved it but don't know if I should purchase it for my school library...

To answer questions about A Dog's Purpose, please sign up.
Jennifer There are some pretty heavy topics in this book, maybe with close conversation. I did not recommend it for my 8th grader in fact.
Charlie Actually, Corynn it is interesting that you should ask; I just looked all this up because someone else was asking about it.

When the book came out it was a recipient of Library Journal's coveted "starred review," and it has since been added to the class curriculum in elementary, jr. high and high schoosl all over the US. I know if you go to the website, www.adogspurpose.com or click on "contact us," the teaching guide is actually free, too.

I think it is definitely appropriate to for 5th and 6th graders, personally I think the lesson is really great for kids that age and I know the easily-readable page-turning style of W. Bruce Cameron would really get me into reading at that age!
Image for A Dog's Purpose
by W. Bruce Cameron (Goodreads Author)