Xiao Yu
Xiao Yu asked Megan Rich:

How do you decide what to write and what not to write? Do you write a lot of notes in prepare for a potential future project?

Megan Rich This is a tough question, Xiao Yu. In some sense, I am ready to start a new project every single day. Don't you feel this way? That when you wake up each morning, there's some new discovery? I do journal quite a lot, but I wouldn't say that I'm systematic about my inspiration. I am usually driven, at first, by a desire to to write about some very specific topic or experience -- it isn't until much later that I actually decide, THIS is what I will write about or THAT is my project. The decision requires much more discipline, and oftentimes, I find myself enjoying the lack of discipline so much that I neglect deciding. That said, once I do make a decision, I am usually quite committed and see it through.
Megan Rich
8 followers