Savannah
Savannah asked Heather Anastasiu:

How did you get a publisher to even think about publishing you books?

Heather Anastasiu I went the old fashioned way and queried agents, got an agent who signed me as a client. Then we did a couple rounds of edits on Glitch, then a couple months later, he sent out my book on submission to publishers and St. Martin's Press made a pre-empt offer so we went with them and I couldn't be happier :) But now, a few years later, there are other avenues, as a lot of self-published authors are finding out. Self-publishing to traditional publishing is a way a lot of authors are taking these days, even after they are rejected by the traditional querying process. Some still don't find success through self-publishing but either way, it's great to have that experience of a first book written and out there, and you move on to the next project. The secret is to never give up, any way you come at it :D