Jacquelyne
Jacquelyne asked:

This book haunted me, and through this site and Brian's review it is partially resolved now....until I get The Silver Crown in hand. But I need some help from fellow readers in tracking down a book from that time period - a British book about a girl, stars with a celestial force/virus, rabbits and humans being infected and changing? Does anyone recognize this book?

To answer questions about The Silver Crown, please sign up.
Maeve This site will help you. It helped me with a couple of similar questions. http://www.loganberrybooks.com/stumpt...
STACEY SMALLWOOD Is it Watership Down?
Jacquelyne I'm afraid that it's not Astercote by Penelope Lively. But thank you so much for the suggestion. I read the book in the American Library in Munich as a kid in the late 70's. Now, I remember that it had the stars falling or streaming down...
It drive me nuts again when they had the falling stars in King's Under the Dome.
Readymade OK, I officially hate you. Your description of this unknown book really resonated with me. I know I read it in my youth, but I can't remember any further details about it. It's gonna drive me crazy.
SmokingMirror Could it be Astercote by Penelope Lively? I'm not sure; I have a vague memory of it, also.
Image for The Silver Crown