Goodreads asked Justine SanFilippo:

Justine SanFilippo I gained 45lbs and 4 sizes while in college at Notre Dame. I did every yo-yo diet and tried every supplement ever invented, nothing worked in the long run and I drove myself crazy in the process.

I actually got the idea to focus on "inches" and not "weight" for this book when I owned a women's gym for 3 years. We did a contest every so often where the ladies had to work out 3 times a week. We took their weight and measurements at the beginning and at the end of the contest. EVERY ONE OF THEM LOST INCHES, EVERY SINGLE TIME. I'm not kidding! Not all of them lost weight though, even if they did lose inches. That's when I learned that inches are more important than weight! Inches are a more true measurement of the body.