D.B. Jackson
D.B. Jackson asked:

This story promises to be an excellent movie, particularly given the acting talent involved, and the keen eye of Tommy Lee Jones directing. How many plan to see this one when it's released?

To answer questions about The Homesman, please sign up.
John Freeman Because of its limited distribution, I was lucky to catch this at our local "art" theatre. I think this was a labor of love for Tommy Lee Jones, who produced, directed, starred in, and helped with the screenwriting.

I wasn't aware this was a book when I saw the movie. Look forward to reading it.
Quiltyknitwit Apparently in this area it was a flop & went directly to the cheapo movie house, where we saw it (before reading the novel). Maybe because it's too grim of a story - the acting & photography were beautiful though. How I loved the character of Mary Bee!
Beverly I just finished reading The Homesman. Loved it and
can't wait to see the movie. From the previews I have
seen, it looks like it will be GOOD. :)
Eliza Hearing about it on NPR this morning definitely piqued my interest!
Joan I am definitely planning to see the movie. I really enjoyed the book. Based upon the trailers I've seen, the movie looks like it will be just as powerful as the book.
Image for The Homesman