Candace Sturtevant

To answer questions about A Child Called "It", please sign up.
Naomi Esrig What really gets me is the aftermath of the book being published. Every member of the family has come out publicly to announce that none of it ever happened, and that Dave Pelzer was just lying to be recognized.
Shelby Same. What is terrible about it is that the mother went on to abusing her other children in the next books. I am horrified. And she didn't even go to jail,because she said that she had a mental illness,and by law, all they need is therapy. Why!?!?!?
Hailey It is very wrong. My mother couldn't believe what people in this world do.
Jerrese Naomi Esrig,Actually ,his younger brother Richard Pelzer also wrote a book corroborating a lot of what David said in his first book and went on to reveal that his mother began focusing her abuse on him shortly after David was removed from the home and placed into Foster Care.The book is titled ' A Brother's journey' I beleive.Davids book also contains statements from many people who helped rescue him in the forward ,including one of his teachers, his school nurse, principal and social worker.
Kaylee D This book made me cry but I finished it. I can't believe what he went through! That's insane!
Image for A Child Called "It"
by Dave Pelzer (Goodreads Author)