Emily
Emily asked:

Do you have to have read The Talisman to enjoy this book?

To answer questions about Black House, please sign up.
Simina I actually read this before The Talisman because that's the order in which the publishing house translated them, beats me why. So I read The Talisman after and made a lot of new sense but I still got most of it reading this before that. I do advice you read The Talisman before, not only because you'll understand more of BH, but because The Talisman is an amazing read as well, one of King's finest books.
Long days and pleasant nights to you!
John It certainly wouldn't harm!
Ricky Yes. I think some key elements are missed if you read this without reading it's predecessor.
anahita you can enjoy this book without reading talisman first.
Marianne Cook I very strongly recommend reading The Talisman first. You would be missing out on much detail otherwise. It's a fantastic book. Oops, the question is 3 years old.
Sergei Zuev Yes, absolutely.
Dark Tower and First story in Hearts in Atlantis are also recommended. I read Black House after all those books and understand that many things in BH don't make sense if the reader is not familiar with Dark Tower world.
Christopher Jones I've only just finished The Talisman. It is a great book. You should read it first for that reason alone.
Daniel I hadn't read The Talisman, and I enjoyed Black House. Some events in the story felt a little unbalanced and I assumed these depended on prior knowledge from The Talisman. However, I had read the Dark Tower saga and felt that references to the Beam, Roland and his gunslingers etc added value to the reading.
Image for Black House
by Stephen King (Goodreads Author)