Marcie Eanes
Marcie Eanes asked:

Is this book still in print? I love this book! I read this book when I was a child and related to Mary Jane because I was the only Black student in my class. from kindergarten through high school. Every time I grew frustrated I read this story. I even took the book to college. Lost it after graduation. Would love a copy.

To answer questions about Mary Jane, please sign up.
Shelby Vargo It isn't in print, but I found a copy on Amazon to replace my long-lost copy. I bought it from Scholastic when I was in school, during the time our schools were finally being integrated here in South Carolina. My heart hurt for Mary Jane (my immediate reaction to her mother not allowing her to buy a red sweater to go with her gray skirt was to think, "but what a beautiful combination that is, and what a shame people would have such small minds !") and I tried to be a better person in part because of it. I hope you find a copy, it is a wonderful book.
Image for Mary Jane