Goodreads asked Robert Dahlen:

Robert Dahlen Most people would give more metaphysical advice, and that is useful and inspirational in its own right, but I'm going to be more practical with my two tips.

First, get things in writing. Protect yourself; there are some bad apples out there. I respect and trust Willow, who did the cover art for this book, but we still signed a contract. Play it safe.

Two, back up your files. Trust me. When that half-caf soy mocha frappe gets spilled on your laptop, or your desktop heads to Topeka when the rest of your possessions are being moved to Walla Walla, or the Mongol zombies destroy Google's cloud servers, you'll still be able to access your work. Back up early and often, and you won't regret it.