Goodreads asked Carla Coon:

Carla Coon I yell at my kids.

Just kidding, that never cures it. :)

Really, I find I am most blocked when I have too many obligations, work, and other projects on my plate. As a mother of eight, nana of four, and mother-in-law of three, my house and life are always full. I also do volunteer work and help individuals in two organizations looking for family support. After all of that and a bit more, I have little solid time for lengthy writing.

I do feel as if I suffer writer's block but not in the usual way. If my chapters are sketched out, I have no problem fleshing them out. By sketched, I mean the barest idea of where we are going and who is in the scene. By fleshed out, I mean writing the actual chapter.

No my problem, at least judging by the first two books I have written and the third in the works, is that I need solid blocks of time - preferably a night or two away from home, where I can create in total solitude. This blog piece about finding the perfect place to write will explain more if you care to check it out.
http://carlacoon.com/blog/looking-for...