Goodreads asked Donna Hughey:

Donna Hughey First and more importantly, I write Bible study books. My goal for each study is for the everyday believer to better understand Scripture, apply what they've learned to their lives, and to gain a closer relationship with God. And I believe my recently released Bible study, James Through the Eyes of Paul, does just that.

James Through the Eyes of Paul is different from other Bible study books. It's a study that examines the book of James through the apostle Paul's teachings. Paul's teachings add weight and depth to the message of James, and by joining both men together in this study, believers are given a complete and honest view into the Christian walk. I wrote this study after coming up with the title.

I've also just released my first Christian novel, The Preacher. I wrote this novel for my elderly mother who asked me to write a book just for her. She requested that it be funny, sweet, and kind. Being a Bible study writer, I wrote the novel in such a way to where I could weave Christian principles, morals, and values throughout the story and hopefully, teach about forgiveness, prayer, and a dependency on God to the reader. My mother calls "The Preacher" her book, and it truly is. It was written just for her and that's all that matters.

As I said earlier, I am a Bible study writer--I just happened to have written a novel along the way.
Donna Hughey
14 followers