Amani
Amani asked:

Hey, I'm not sure what this book is exactly about......? It seems interesting so can anyone tell me what it is about?

To answer questions about The Illustrated Man, please sign up.
Charles Shepherd If you've ever watched the original Twilight Zone think of that then replace the narrator at the begining of those episodes with a wondering man covered in magic tattoos
Thomas P. Buehner Bradbury's short stories in The Illustrated Man left me sitting in the grass with my mouth open, reading it at the age of sixteen. Spooky, gripping, very personal, very touching in a "NO - this must not be true!" way. One of the few books that deeply frightened me, without being horror-ish in today's sense.

Charles' comparison with the original Twilight Zone (black and white if I remember right) is spot on. If you have not seen those, get them, if they are still available somewhere.
Mark Natural Its about his modern society. Its about morality, death, rockets. The illustrated man is the other main character opposite the protagonist. Illustrated man has moving tattoos all over his body. Watching the pictures will make them tell stories. They're all sci-fi stories. Some are really good. Bradbury has a knack of making u feel good when terrible things are happening. I wonder sometimes if the illustrated man actually was a part of these scenes and the tattoos are dramatized pictures he had tattooed magically on himself, because he is the witch!!
Bernie_be AFAIK, (still reading).
It seems to be a collection of Dark SF themed stories, woven together by a strange phenomena : An illustrated man, tattoes ? cartoons ? animation ? intriguing it is, that is certain....
Image for The Illustrated Man