Goodreads asked B.A. Dillon:

B.A. Dillon I was inspired to write Tethered Through Time through my love for reading. As an avid reader I was frustrated that there wasn't a heart-pumping love story for an older couple. By old - I mean in their 40's. I've been beaten up a little by reviewers that Emma and Luke were too old for romance, but I didn't agree. The same year Tethered was released Sandra Bullock was named People's Sexiest Woman. She had just turned 50. Now, many of the reviews for Tethered comment on how much they appreciate having an older than average couple as main characters.

I also have an interest in all things metaphysical, and thought that was an interesting twist to pair with a romance.

Finally, music really speaks to me. Emma and Luke's story grew from beautiful songs like Soul Mate, Just a Kiss Goodnight, and Listen to Your Heart.