Honey O'leary
Honey O'leary asked:

Is How To Be Manly appropriate and appealing to young women?

To answer questions about How to Be Manly, please sign up.
Maureen Wanket I know that I as a reader enjoy reading stories about male characters. Matty's struggle to grow up and decide what kind of person he wants to be is universal. I know that my high school students as readers don't care about the gender of main characters when they are looking for something to read. For most readers, the story is the thing.
Rachel Miller Absolutely! Matty is a character that young women and men alike will be able to relate to--anyone who has struggled with their body image, bad crushes, or realizing they have to grow up fast will be able to find a bit of themselves in Matty. His journey to become "manly" is at its heart about growing up to be the person you want to be and making the right choices. That's definitely something I relate to now and would have loved to read as a teen.
Image for How to Be Manly
by Maureen O'Leary Wanket (Goodreads Author)