Ellen
Ellen asked:

I appreciate your explanation but a description like that is detrimental to the sale of the book, in my opinion. It's almost equivalent to standing in line at the movies and hearing someone talk about the ending on their way out.

Jeanette Totally agree with Gundula. From my father's side I am entirely German and have relatives in 3 countries, most are American citizens from 30 years to their lifetimes. It's a crux issue, that period and nationality for understanding the topic of this woman's life changes and adjustments. It has added to book sales, I'm sure.
Manybooks I don't think the title is detrimental to the book or the sale of the book. In fact, as a person of German origin, it is precisely because of the title that I actually ended up adding this book to my to-read list. Thus, while for you perhaps, the title was problematic, for me, it was the title itself that peaked my interest in the book and made me add the book to my already unseemly and towering to read list.
Image for A World Elsewhere
by Sigrid MacRae (Goodreads Author)