Mj
Mj asked:

The plot synopsis sounds suspiciously similar to "The Backs"... Is this really a separate book? Or has the wrong synopsis been attached to a genuinely new book? Hope its the latter... I'd really enjoy a nice new Goodhew mystery :-)

To answer questions about A Cry in the Night, please sign up.
Alison Hi Annie and MJ,
I am really sorry about this, as the author I find it hugely frustrating that this hasn't been made clear. I did know that The Backs would be issued under another title (because it was felt that the title wouldn't work for a US audience) but I had hoped that its place in the series would have been clear. It is such a shame when the star ratings seem to reflect this rather than the book itself.
My next book, The Promise, is delayed until late 2015. I am sorry for any disappointment.
Best wishes, Alison
Annie It is actually "The Backs". I just bought a copy and realized the fact a little too late :/
edit: added a warning in the book description.
Image for A Cry in the Night
by Alison Bruce (Goodreads Author)