Parag Agrawal
Parag Agrawal asked:

I have heard a lot about this book and i wanna read it. But, I enjoy more when I know more. Should i read the original trilogy or just start with this?

To answer questions about The Heroes, please sign up.
Kateregga Micheal Most of the characters in The Heroes were first introduced in The First law Trilogy as supporting characters. You will have more fun reading The Heroes if you know where they came from, because then you can enjoy the growth they have undergone along with all the references about previous events and characters.
Stephe This is the first book I read and it is (and was designed to be) a standalone story. I'm sure that somethings I didn't fully understand would have been filled in by reading the other books, but they aren't crucial to this story. In fact, when I read it I didn't realize it was a spinoff of a series and I admired the fact that the author had clearly invented a back story for some of the scenes that he was purposely not showing. I enjoyed learning about an entirely different story purely through references and illusions. V
Johny Yeah, first the original trilogy, after that Best served cold and then Heroes, that is chronological order.
Joe Maclellan I would read the First law books first as some of the characters and event referenced in this book are from the other books.
Sherri PLEASE read the other books. This book on it's own could turn you off Abercrombie forever. It's probably his worst work.
Jessica Definitely read the first books. This one is great, and new characters are introduced, but some of the same characters from past books are referenced, so you'll want to know their back stories. :)
Antonio I read without the first trilogy, it is true that a reader would enjoy it more if first know the trilogy, but it is also true that the story itself is independent, the characters on which revolves the story are new and the story itself lives alone.
Olga K This is the first book I read by Joe Abercrombie and I don't think I missed out on anything (it was great as a standalone).
Image for The Heroes