Ben Wade
Ben Wade asked Richard Lee Byers:

I loved the first Billy Fox book, why don't you sell your sequel on Kindle or Smashwords or somewhere independently?

Richard Lee Byers Hi, Ben. Thanks for the compliment. I've considered self-publishing the sequel and I may do it eventually, but there are two considerations that have kept me from doing it already. One is that, based on my personal experiences with indie vs. traditional publishing, I'm likely to make more money if I can go the latter route. The other is that the book isn't actually written yet. Only the outline is. So, as a guy who counts on writing to put food on the table and gas in the car, I have to make some cold-blooded calculations about where I can most productively invest my writing time. Up until now, those calculations have steered me to other projects, but that may not always be the case.