Logan Fraser
Logan Fraser asked Jeff Salyards:

I finally made it to a book store this past week, excited to pick up a copy of Scourge of the Betrayer. Imagine my disappointment when I stroll into the Fantasy section and they only have Veil of the Deserters! Not yet, I thought to myself, not yet... So my question is, what can I most look forward to from the first book? What do you hope will draw me in as a reader and make me want to continue on with the series?

Jeff Salyards Hi, Logan.

Thanks for making the attempt!

I always tell people my elevator pitch would be, "We are trapped in a small steel box. Buy my book and I will let you out."

But since we aren't really in the elevator, I'll go with: Scourge is character-driven, with edgy dialogue, creative cursing, realistic and tense battles, and a narrator who is completely out of his depth (as well as clumsy and sometimes inept) as he signs on to accompany a rough and tumble military company.