K. Velk
K. Velk asked:

I recently watched (and enjoyed - loved, really) the Netflix series, "Bojack Horseman." Anybody else out there in Goodreads land tracing a line between dear old innocent W in the W and our own era's anthropomorphic animals?

To answer questions about The Wind in the Willows, please sign up.
Vicky Hunt No, hadn't thought to compare until you mentioned it. What conclusions have you drawn from your own reading? I will add that I am probably under-versed in the newer children's lit and I am more familiar with "Mister Ed" than I am with Bojack Horseman. Also, I have to say that I enjoy the truly anthropomorphic nature of Grahame's birds, for example, even more than the animals who act human in a way that is less believable for their own nature, like in Charlotte's Web or Babe.
Image for The Wind in the Willows