Elaine
Elaine asked Beverley Jones:

Am fairly a new member so don't know the way arond so an wondering where can I find authors and their genes?

Beverley Jones Hi Elaine. If you find a great solution to this problem, let me know! As a keen reader as well as a writer I've found it works well to join a group in a genre you like, that way you will see what the members are reading and reviewing and pick up good hints and recommendations. Most groups also have a thread for authors to plug their new books and post giveaways. Eg I'm a member of the group Psychological Thrillers and I'm now reading Night film by Marissa Pessl on the back of a personal recommendation. You'll find loads of groups on the home page. Enjoy :)