Catie Watson
Catie Watson asked:

Hi Lisa, I have been meaning to read The Deep End of the Ocean but might skip it based on our rating. Catie

To answer questions about The Deep End of the Ocean, please sign up.
Lisa I do recommend skipping it. I can't seem to get into it. The mother, main character is hard to connect with. I think that's why I'm having a hard time.
Beth Hope-cushey If the book is an Oprah pick, I would suggest skipping it, I am an avid reader and usually her picks are not very good.
Linda I thought it was an excellent book; well-written and REAL. The mother is not always likable, but she's real. Who of us is likable in ALL the aspects of our personality? We all learn and grow as we go through life.

I don't want to give spoilers, but this book was TRUE in the different ways families react to trauma. Our family had such a trauma 13 years ago; not the same trauma, but one that changed all of us.

Give this book a chance.
Image for The Deep End of the Ocean
by Jacquelyn Mitchard (Goodreads Author)