Mo Bremner
Mo Bremner asked:

I have just got my hands on this book, but should I be reading the others in the series first?

To answer questions about Windigo Island, please sign up.
Suzanne It's not absolutely essential, but there is a story arc involving the main characters that is much clearer if the books are read in order. The series is so good, you will want to read them all.
Donna I would read this series in order. I am now on #13. Excellent series!!
Izzy I highly recommend reading these books in order!
Kevin I agree totally with K. Germain, that it makes the experience much more pleasurable if you read the Cork O'Connor series in order as he does build on his main characters. I just received "Windigo Island" in the mail today and after I have read that I will be completely up to date and will have to read other favorite author's while I wait for the best of them all William Kent Krueger to pen another. Take in mind that WKK has also penned a couple of stand alone books "Ordinary Grace" and "The Devil's Bed", those you can read in any order!
Jim Hello Mo, from personal experience I would recommend you read them in order of publication, or as close as is possible. The story lines and characters evolve, if you skip some books you may find your former character lineup has changed. Of course this doesn't take away from the fun of the books, but it will allow you to more or less grow and absorb their growth with them.
K. Farrell Germain Yes, each book stands alone but if you read the series there is a wonderful and complex character build.
Karen Trearchis Mo Bremner- I recommend that you go back to some of the books at the beginning of the series, then you will better understand the characters. I think you get more of the feel of the characters and will understand them especially Meloux and Cork.

All of William Kent Krueger books are excellent, so don't miss out.

BTW I am one of the lucky winners of this book on Goodreads. Thanks Atria Books!
Image for Windigo Island
by William Kent Krueger (Goodreads Author)