Vicki G
Vicki G asked:

My only question for THIS book is "To which 'truth' is he referring?" Define truth. It's totally variable and a truth to one person could be a total lie to another. So whose truth is he referring to?

Leeleebc Truth has become a sticky word in recent years because the word's definition has been questioned. The webster dictionary definition of "truth" is this: the truth : the real facts about something : the things that are true
: the quality or state of being true
: a statement or idea that is true or accepted as true
What is true for someone could be a lie for someone else, as you said. If I said "I own a yellow shirt" that would be a lie, but as we all know there are many people who own yellow shirts (this is an extremely dumbed-down example to show my basic point). But these are not the truths to which he is referring. When we get into the tiny details of people's lives it becomes more complicated, but there are general truths that cannot be denied. For example "water will wet us". "Fire will burn us." and so on. But "truth" extends beyond this outside world and it goes deeper. It is to THESE truths Andrews is referring. It has to do with basic good and evil. Is it moral and just to create a scapegoat to slaughter innocents so as to rise to power while treating an entire country like dogs? No. It is evil and that is true.

I'm not trying to come off as a know it all and I don't even know if I have come off that way. I just have a lot of thoughts on this subject haha :) if you're interested at all, there is a great poem called The Gods of the Copybook Headings by Rudyard Kipling. If you haven't read it you may find it interesting. :)
Danielle Whitaker Postmodernist.

Truth is not objective. You just have no solid foundation to base truth; thereby, you have no concept for truth.
Image for How Do You Kill 11 Million People? Why The Truth Matters More Than You Think
by Andy Andrews (Goodreads Author)