Leanne Hunt
Leanne Hunt asked:

I have a condition called macular degeneration which sounds very much like Olivia's partial blindness. Your description of what it is like to have damaged retinas is very accurate, as is your awareness of how the other senses increase to fill in the gaps. Do you or someone you know have this condition?

To answer questions about The Moon Sisters, please sign up.
Therese Walsh Hi Leanne, thanks so much for your question. I don't know anyone with macular degeneration, but I've written articles about it for health sites over the years. You're right: Olivia's central blindness is like macular degeneration. I spoke with an eye expert who had worked with people who'd stared at the sun (believe it or not!), and he was incredibly helpful in describing what Olivia's perceptions would be. I'm glad the condition came across authentically to you. Thank you for reading The Moon Sisters. - Therese
Image for The Moon Sisters
by Therese Walsh (Goodreads Author)