Ami
Ami asked Gwenda Bond:

I'd love to know more about your Lois Lane novel. What was it about the character that inspired you?

Gwenda Bond I hardly know where to start. When someone asks me this in person, I babble on and on and on, but I'll try to be more succinct here.

I keep saying that Lois is an icon, and it's because she is and for a very good reason. Lois is brave, bold, funny. She's also the best at her job, and truly committed to--in the super-parlance--truth and justice. She really is a superhero without any superpowers.

And I also believe that the reason her relationship with Clark Kent/Superman is one for the ages is because (in its best incarnations) it's a true partnership of equals who are not just romantically involved but who also like each other. To steal a line from one of my favorite shows, Parks & Rec, that relationship is a great example of: "I love you and I like you." His humanity, even while he's an alien, is something that makes Superman a great character and Lois brings that out.

Both Lois and Clark are characters who look at the worst people can do and still believe--completely--that the world is worth saving.