K.P. Merriweather
K.P. Merriweather asked K.P. Merriweather:

Caroline asked "Have you persisted, sat back or moved forward in creative endeavors, as I find myself wanting to do/ learn even more? "

K.P. Merriweather I get easily burned out, so I tend to run 3 to 5 projects at once. When i get sick of one of them, then it's onto the next. Sometimes it takes a while to get a project done (the longest was 10 years!). At times if something's not working, I might rewrite, or have to do more research. Sometimes my computers fail (as they're prone to do, since I smoke around them) and I have to redo everything from the ground up. However, I keep extensive notes and have backups either as hardcopy (typewriter!) or on another media (word processor!). Most times the second, third or nth draft is better than the first and makes me work harder to remember to backup more often.
I've junked a few projects but sometimes if I'm sitting and drinking and thinking, i get a new idea to fix it and something new comes from the ashes. (I never totally trash everything. I might keep a plot snippet and character sheets.) I never stop researching or learning new things and I can easily spend hours reading books or fall down the internet black hole. I try my best to keep track of the market. I don't write mainstream, so that's a mark against me as far as sales go.