Goodreads asked Carl Purcell:

Carl Purcell I tell it its not real. This answer has earned me a lot of flack in the past, but hear me out. I refuse to accept that writer's block exists. There are times I write a lot, and times I write a lot less. There are times all I want to do is write and times where I just don't feel like writing.

But writer's block isn't an option for a professional writer. Sometimes the words just have to come and sometimes they'll do it willingly and sometimes they'll come kicking and screaming and trying to gut you with the pointy end of a V. Eventually the words fall in line, either way.

I don't allow writer's block to be a part of my world. Like the Goblin King, it has no power over me as long as I don't give it that power.