Jen Brown
Jen Brown asked:

Is this as good as all her other books? I imagine so!

Jeanette Loving Hilary Mantel's writing, I am a complete fan, I'd say the stories are quite different than her historical fiction. Hilary as a "voice" is much stronger in reveal of her own personality in the stories. Good/bad? The writing is so superb, never redundant, always in the minute but not using any trite phrasing. It flows. Superb in both forms. NEVER wordy and circular either, does not kill the emotion with too many words.
Harry Turnbull No. It commits the worst crime possible - totally tedious.
Rosemary Terribly disappointing. These are vignettes, not stories. Glad I g oink t I f2f from the library and didn't spend money! And I am a huge fan of her Wolf Hall series.
Linda NO. The writing is great of course but the stories not so much. Extremely dark for the most part, almost quit reading it altogether. The dead child story really put me off.
Image for The Assassination of Margaret Thatcher