Goodreads asked Anthony St. Clair:

Anthony St. Clair In one form or another, I've been working on FOREVER THE ROAD, the third Rucksack Universe book, since 2003. I traveled around India for 2 months, eating amazing food, meeting fascinating people, and seeing the extremes of life in what is probably the most intense country in the world. I knew I'd have to set a book in India, a book based not just around indie travel, but about living fully and connecting, and about the things that make life worthwhile.

Then, back in the US, one day on my way to the office I had an idea that made me pull over and write it down (I couldn't care less that it made me late to work).

11 years later, FOREVER THE ROAD will be released worldwide on Sept. 8. This fantasy novel is a tale of travel, destiny and beer. Three travelers in India battle their hearts and their destinies as an awakened evil prepares to destroy all life.

Set in the fictional city of Agamuskara—which means "smiling fire" in Hindi—the book tells us more of the story of Jay the traveler, Faddah Rucksack (the world's only Himalayan-Irish sage), and the mysterious more-than-a-bartender Jade Agamuskara Bluegold.

FOREVER THE ROAD takes our world to a pivotal moment of destruction or renewal. Yet at its heart, the story is about connection: our longing to connect with others, and what happens when we don't.

More info at http://anthonystclair.com/forevertheroad