Chad
Chad asked:

I've been in the medical field for 20 years. I was a Los Angeles County EMT 12 years working on an ambulance that ran some gruesome and tragic 911 calls. I've been a trauma RN for 8 years. I laugh at death. I've seen the worst. Gore does nothing for me. I crave psychological terror. So... knowing my background and taste in books, I would like someone to tell me why I should or should not read this book?

To answer questions about Apartment 16, please sign up.
Saba The story moves along at a snail-pace so unless you have a lot of free time which you can devote to just reading, I say skip this book. I've been reading it for a while and honestly, I'm struggling to finish it because it just feels as if nothing is happening.
F Don't bother. It is no good.
Cindi At only 80 pages into this one, I think this is more for those who enjoy long, drawn out descriptions and explanations, that actually describe or explain nothing. But, I'm only 80 pages in. It may change. (I'm looking for a haunted house type book, and so far am disappointed.)
But honestly, the book that came to mind when I read your questions is "Audrey's Door" (Sarah Langan) which shows up on recommendations for this book. It was - wow. I was deeply disturbed by that one, and that was 2 years ago (and over 200 books ago) and it stays with me.
Another author that comes to mind for that sort of book is Ronald Malfi. I think it was his "Little Girls" that messed up my mind for a few months. Joe Hill comes to mind as well, though not as gorey, overall.
Lisa Boone Even though this book has its share of gore, there is also a tremendous amount of psychological terror. I don't want to give any spoilers here, but what if some of the things you thought were in your imagination turned out to be real? That is rather vague I know but I don't want to give away anything from the book.
Image for Apartment 16
by Adam Nevill (Goodreads Author)